About our Company
Peel Hunt are a leading UK investment bank focused on mid-cap and growth companies that puts long-term success above short-term gain, helping good companies succeed and delivering outstanding results. We have three business areas, but we act as one Peel Hunt. Our integrated approach combines expert research and distribution, a range of investment banking services, and an execution services hub that provides liquidity to the UK capital markets.
The Investment Banking Department provides a full range of corporate advisory and broking services, whether this be guiding clients through transactions (such as raising capital or merging with another company) or providing market and sector intelligence.
The Investment Banking Department is sector focused, operating across eight sector verticals (Consumer, Healthcare, Real Estate, Industrials, FIG, Investment Funds, TMT and Natural Resources), aligning the Investment Banking department to leverage Research analysts’ sector knowledge. Dedicated Equity Capital Markets/Syndicate, Debt Capital Markets, Private Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, Sponsor coverage and Investor Relations teams work closely with the sector teams in supporting the firm’s clients.
Our highly experienced team advises on potential equity transactions, assessing their relevance, structuring, timing and likely pricing. We provide invaluable aid to the presentation of the equity story, identify key target investors and then manage all interactions with those investors once the fundraise is underway. The strength of our institutional investor relationships provides us with significant placing power for our issuer clients.
On execution, our ECM team leads on pricing and allocations – ensuring stock is placed in the right hands at the right price.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the execution of all ECM transactions
- Supporting the senior team in providing recommendations on structuring, timing and pricing potential on all equity offerings
- Assist the team on all market sounding processes
- Helping the team manage coordination and communication with internal and external counterparties
- Investor targeting and performance analysis
- Working on books of demand: setting up, launching, swapping, duping, analysing and allocating
- Assisting with preparation of pitching/presentation materials
- Cover and assist the Corporate Trading function including buybacks
- Maintenance of the ECM deal calendar, blocks, lock-up, pipeline and presentations
- Strict Conduct, Compliance and Regulatory adherence/ awareness
- Have an understanding of the regulatory environment, and values and abilities consistent with the FCA conduct rules
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of capital markets or other relevant experience
- A keen interest in UK Capital Markets
- Strong numerical, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrable drive and determination – a self-starter with outstanding attention to detail
- Competitive nature, demonstrable high achiever
- Strong work ethic
- High inter-personnel skills to work in/ across multidisciplinary teams and departments as well as with other professional advisers, clients and regulators
- Strong moral compass combined with appreciation/ acceptance of Regulatory adherence, Compliance and Conduct enforcement
- Able to work effectively under high pressure, be able to effectively multi-task, and consistently deliver accurate work on time